From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: gwindows help please
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 14:55:33 -0600
Date: 2003-03-21T14:55:33-06:00	[thread overview]

R. Srinivasan wrote in message ...
>thanks.
>
>i figured it out. wasnt too involved.
>
>but i think i would try claw as well.
>
>I am curious whether Claw is being updated with the newer win32 sdk's?
(I
>had the impression -- perhaps totally baseless -- that it was not in
active
>development mode)
>
>Also initially i am looking primarily for hobbyist (read - free)
licenses. I
>wonder if Claw qualifies !

The Introductory version of Claw is licensed under the GMGPL. That isn't
reflected in the files, but it's true (Adapower has a page devoted to
that).

It's true we haven't released a new free version in quite a while, but
certainly development is continuing. Recently, we been working more on
Internet stuff (HTTP, FTP) than GUI, but there's quite a bit of new GUI
stuff in the pipeline. A new free version should appear in a few months,
but I can use a line from RKBD here: it's not a priority over supporting
the paying customers.

            Randy.