From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: gwindows help please
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 14:51:14 -0600
Date: 2003-03-21T14:51:14-06:00	[thread overview]

David Botton wrote in message ...
>GWindows was designed to support the access of multiple tasks to the
GUI. In
>fact there are multiple ways of doing it to accommodate different
needs.
>Claw's design is limited to a single method that makes ActiveX more
>difficult (although not impossible as demonstrated on the GMGPL Claw
page).

I think it would be accurate to say (I'm sure David will correct me if
I'm wrong) that GWindows supports tasking in the sense that multiple
tasks can access the GUI. But (some) operations on a particular object
are limited (by Windows) to a particular task. OTOH, Claw allows any
task to make any operation on any object, the only restriction being the
standard shared variable one in Ada: two tasks cannot operate on the
same object at the same time.

         Randy.