From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: AdaIC opens the Ada Sites search engine
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:34:03 -0600
Date: 2003-03-14T13:34:03-06:00	[thread overview]

Christoph Grein <"christoph grein @eurocopter.de> grein @eurocopter.de>>
wrote in message <3E716664.9CE1F710@eurocopter.de>...
>Randy Brukardt wrote:
>>
>> The AdaIC is proud to announce the availability of the Ada Sites
search
>> engine.
>
>I tried to use the search engine, but the <button>search the net</> did
>not appear, only its text, so I couldn't execute the search. I'm using
>Netscape 4.6 on Win98. Is this a Netscape problem?

The command used to create the button is a standard HTML 4.01 one. But
that means that browsers older than 1997 probably don't handle it. I
thought I'd tested the page on our ancient Netscape, but its clear that
I didn't.

Anyway, I'm going to change the buttons on all of the pages today. I've
already changed the one on the www.adaic.com/site/wide-search.html page.
This one seems to work on older Netscapes. Sorry about that.

             Randy.