From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: AdaIC opens the Ada Sites search engine
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 19:50:57 -0600
Date: 2003-03-13T19:50:57-06:00	[thread overview]

Chad R. Meiners wrote in message ...
>Randy,
>
>Are you planning on making the search engine open source to faculiate
>research and improvement based on Authorithy ranking systems or Latent
>Semantic Indexing?

Not until it gets some documentation, gets tested on other compilers,
and has stuff specific to my servers pruned out.

A more general issue is that all of the parts were built on top of
Claw.Sockets. It's mildly unfortunate that Claw.Sockets is part of Claw,
as it drags in the GUI (even if you don't want it), and it isn't very
Windows-specific (the handful of Window-specific things could be
eliminated or moved relatively easily). We've been thinking about
breaking it out into a hierarchy of its own, which would allow it to be
ported to other systems. We'll probably rethink the licensing of
everything if/when that is done.

               Randy.