From: Jean-Pierre Rosen <rosen@adalog.fr>
Subject: Re: ASIS question
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 18:15:29 +0200
Date: 2005-09-19T18:15:29+02:00	[thread overview]

James Alan Farrell a �crit :
> Ah, I should have been more clear - apologies.  In ASIS for gnat 3.15p,
> Asis.Elements.Corresponding_Pragmas raises an exception "unimplemented."
In my (GAP 2005) implementation, there is this comment:

--  At the moment, this is a partial implementattion. For A_Statement
--  argument we always return Nil_Element_List, and for A_Declaration
--  Element we return a list of representation pragmas only.

Maybe better that in 3.15p, but still not complete.

> Given that situation, is there a reasonably elegant way to do this?
> Will this function be implemented in the future?

Elegant, certainly not, otherwise corresponding_pragmas would be
redundant. What I did in the past in this situation is write a
compatible function (with exactly the same spec), implement it with
whatever hack was needed. When it eventually gets implemented, you just
replace your version with the "clean" one.
            J-P. Rosen (rosen@adalog.fr)