From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: Ada-Lang and it's (more active than CLA) forum
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2024 02:55:49 -0500	[thread overview]

"Fernando Oleo / Irvise" <irvise_ml@irvise.xyz> wrote in message
news:v1nksp$20oe8$1@dont-email.me...
> Ada-Lang is a community maintained and supported webpage whose intent is
> to give a nice "landing page" to anybody wanting to learn Ada and become a
> hub for all Ada users.

I was adding this site to AdaIC's "Learn" pages (I think it disappeared some
years ago, it is good to see it back), and noted that nowhere does it
identify itself as "Ada-Lang" or any other short name on the site itself. It
just calls itself "Ada Programming Language", which is a bit grandiose
(there are a number of sites that can lay claim to part of that title, but
surely none that can lay claim to all of it). Within the Ada Community in
particular, it helps to identify the site more precisely. And I don't think
that many people really look at the links that they click on, I doubt many
people using AdaIC do, so just using the domain name and assuming people
know what it is without any identification elsewhere is not ideal.

My two cents worth. (Humm, given prices these days, I don't think you can
actually buy anything with two cents. That's probably one cliche that needs
updating. ;-)

                              Randy.