* Ada and Codeview on NT
@ 2003-02-26  3:37 Steve
From: Steve @ 2003-02-26  3:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is a compiler available for NT/W2k that generates debugger information that
can be interpreted by Microsofts CodeView debugger?  ...other than
ObjectAda?

Steve
(The Duck)

* Re: Ada and Codeview on NT
@ 2003-02-26 19:58 ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2003-02-26 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steve wrote in message ...
>Is a compiler available for NT/W2k that generates debugger information
that
>can be interpreted by Microsofts CodeView debugger?  ...other than
>ObjectAda?

We tried to do that for Janus/Ada, but ran into enough problems that it
proved to be impractical. We decided to go the other way (make our
debugger aware of CodeView debugging information). But we never made a
GUI version of the debugger (RSN).

        Randy.

* Re: Ada and Codeview on NT
@ 2003-02-27  2:30 ` Aurele Vitali
From: Aurele Vitali @ 2003-02-27  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Steve" <nospam_steved94@attbi.com> wrote in message news:<ADW6a.235364$SD6.11601@sccrnsc03>...
> Is a compiler available for NT/W2k that generates debugger information that
> can be interpreted by Microsofts CodeView debugger?  ...other than
> ObjectAda?
>
> Steve
> (The Duck)

I found using the Win32 API function "OutputDebugString" works well on
NT/2K when used with SysInternal's DebugViewer utility (see:
www.sysinternal.com ).

* Re: Ada and Codeview on NT
@ 2003-02-27 14:36   ` Aurele Vitali
From: Aurele Vitali @ 2003-02-27 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

aurele.vitali@sympatico.ca (Aurele Vitali) wrote in message news:<5600f988.0302261830.72205c30@posting.google.com>...
> "Steve" <nospam_steved94@attbi.com> wrote in message news:<ADW6a.235364$SD6.11601@sccrnsc03>...
> > Is a compiler available for NT/W2k that generates debugger information that
> > can be interpreted by Microsofts CodeView debugger?  ...other than
> > ObjectAda?
> >
> > Steve
> > (The Duck)
>
> I found using the Win32 API function "OutputDebugString" works well on
> NT/2K when used with SysInternal's DebugViewer utility (see:
> www.sysinternal.com ).

Correction: the correct URL to download SysInternals DebugViewer is
http://www.sysinternals.com/