* glVertexPointer and GNAT for Win32
@ 2001-10-17 21:56 Michael Andersson
From: Michael Andersson @ 2001-10-17 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!
Could somebody please tell me if glVertexPointer and glNormalPointer is
supported in GNAT for Win32?
The compiler dosen't seam to find it so i guess it isn't. Why is this?
How can I solve this?

Thanks in advance!
/Michael Andersson

* Re: glVertexPointer and GNAT for Win32
@ 2001-10-18  8:16 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2001-10-18  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Andersson <a98mican@ida.his.se> writes:

> Hi!
> Could somebody please tell me if glVertexPointer and glNormalPointer is
> supported in GNAT for Win32?

No GNAT does not support OpenGL nor any other Ada compiler. This is a binding
problem. You should tell us what binding you are using.

Pascal.

--|

* Re: glVertexPointer and GNAT for Win32
@ 2001-10-18 11:20   ` Michael Andersson
From: Michael Andersson @ 2001-10-18 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pascal Obry wrote:

> Michael Andersson <a98mican@ida.his.se> writes:
>
> > Hi!
> > Could somebody please tell me if glVertexPointer and glNormalPointer is
> > supported in GNAT for Win32?
>
> No GNAT does not support OpenGL nor any other Ada compiler. This is a binding
> problem. You should tell us what binding you are using.
>
> Pascal.
>
> --
>
> --|------------------------------------------------------
> --| Pascal Obry                           Team-Ada Member
> --| 45, rue Gabriel Peri - 78114 Magny Les Hameaux FRANCE
> --|------------------------------------------------------
> --|         http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry
> --|
> --| "The best way to travel is by means of imagination"

Hi!
I use GTKAda binding to create the GUI but the GL_H.ads file referese to
the win32-gl.ads file that comes with GNAT.

/Michael

* Re: glVertexPointer and GNAT for Win32
@ 2001-10-18 13:53     ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2001-10-18 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Andersson <michael@ida.his.se> writes:

> Hi!
> I use GTKAda binding to create the GUI but the GL_H.ads file referese to
> the win32-gl.ads file that comes with GNAT.

No surprise here. Win32.GL is not the right thing to use since it is based on
GLAUX which is a Microsoft copyrighted library. You should use GLUT instead of
GLAUX. Have a look at my homepage for some GLUT/OpenGL demos.

Note that GLUT is available on Windows and UNIX where GLAUX is Windows only.

Now I have never tried GtkAda + GLUT, you could maybe ask in the GtkAda
mailing list.

Pascal.

--|