From: "Steve" <nospam_steved94@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: Serial port programming.
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 03:38:03 GMT
Date: 2003-01-24T03:38:03+00:00	[thread overview]

"Goochie" <nigel_gooch@lineone.net> wrote in message
news:3e3070f8$1_2@mk-nntp-1.news.uk.worldonline.com...
> Hi,
>
> I'm totally new to programming in Ada and I need some help with writing
code
> so I can access the serial port. Initiallt I have to try and do this using
> Object Ada on an Intel based PC.

Looking at the ObjectAda web site, it appears ObjectAda is available for
Windows, Unix, Real-Time/Embedded, Real-Time/Raven, Real-Time/Tornado,
Real-Time/LinxOS.  Which one of these are you using?

It is unlikely you will have to do low level programming of the serial chip.
It is more likely that you just need to figure out how to call the OS/Kernel
routines to do the work for you.

Which OS?

If it happens to be Windows NT/W2k, I have a nice thick binding I can send.

Steve
(The Duck)