From: Stephen Leake <stephen.a.leake.1@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Ada subset for microcontrollers
Date: 21 May 2001 16:15:29 -0400
Date: 2001-05-21T20:31:19+00:00	[thread overview]

"Tor Fredrik Aas" <tfaas@sensewave.com> writes:

> But a solution might reveal itself if you try LegOS, it uses the gcc-h8 port
> and thus you can use C to program it. I don't know if it's possible to make
> GNAT or some other compiler stop at assembler stage and the hand over the
> source to gas-h8.

All compilers in the Gnu Compiler Collection (the now official acronym
expansion of gcc) generate assembler as one of the steps in
compilation.

If you have a gcc C compiler, you can have a gcc Ada compiler with a
little work. Not complete Ada, since that requires an OS that supports
tasking, but a good subset.

--
-- Stephe