* "directories" help
@ 2002-11-11  9:05 Artiom Ivanov
From: Artiom Ivanov @ 2002-11-11  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

I want to write Win32 program in ADA using GNAT 3.13
My problem is that i want to work with "folders" (list content, look for
files, search them, look attributes), and i want it to work also on
unixlike-os like freebsd or linuxes.
Please can someone explain me how to proceed and which modules I should
"with" and "use"
Maybe some one can send some documentation or an example, please
Thanks in advance

* Re: "directories" help
@ 2002-11-11  9:45 ` Preben Randhol
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Preben Randhol @ 2002-11-11  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Artiom Ivanov wrote:
> I want to write Win32 program in ADA using GNAT 3.13
> My problem is that i want to work with "folders" (list content, look for
> files, search them, look attributes), and i want it to work also on
> unixlike-os like freebsd or linuxes.
> Please can someone explain me how to proceed and which modules I should
> "with" and "use"

GNAT.OS_Lib
=>
   http://www.adapower.com/lang/gnatrun.dead/gnat-os_lib.html

Overview =>
   http://www.adapower.com/lang/gnatrun.dead/packages.html

Examples =>
   http://www.adapower.com/lang/

--
Preben Randhol ------------------------ http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
�There are three things you can do to a woman. You can love her, suffer

* Re: "directories" help
@ 2002-11-11 15:49 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2002-11-11 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Artiom Ivanov" <rarelang@ua.fm> writes:

> I want to write Win32 program in ADA using GNAT 3.13

First upgrade to GNAT 3.14p and use GNAT.Directory_Operations... And be sure
to read the GNAT Reference Manual, there is a special section listing all
nice packages provided with GNAT!

Pascal.

--|

* Re: "directories" help
@ 2002-11-11 17:08 ` Gautier
From: Gautier @ 2002-11-11 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Artiom Ivanov:

> I want to write Win32 program in ADA using GNAT 3.13
> My problem is that i want to work with "folders" (list content, look for
> files, search them, look attributes), and i want it to work also on
> unixlike-os like freebsd or linuxes.

Fortunately there is GNAT.OS_Lib and others that are
fully portable. A few examples in "gnatpaqs.zip" on page
below.

HTH
Gautier  --  http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/gsoft.htm

NB: For a direct answer, address on the Web site!

* Re: "directories" help
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2002-11-12 17:47 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2002-11-12 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Artiom Ivanov" <rarelang@ua.fm> writes:

> I want to write Win32 program in ADA using GNAT 3.13

Ok.

> My problem is that i want to work with "folders" (list content, look
> for files, search them, look attributes), and i want it to work also
> on unixlike-os like freebsd or linuxes

Well, now you've contradicted your first statement above.

Apparently what you want is a cross-platform program.

Do you need a GUI interface? If so, your best bet is GtkAda. If you
don't need a GUI, GNAT.OS_Lib does what you want, as others have
pointed out.

--
-- Stephe