From: Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org>
Subject: Re: simple programs -> one file with gps 2008 (gpl)?
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 08:45:05 -0400
Date: 2008-08-13T08:45:05-04:00	[thread overview]

Simon Wright <simon.j.wright@mac.com> writes:

> If you are an Emacs user, I have written a minor mode (gnatchop-mode) so
> that every time you save the big source file gnatchop (-r) is run on it.
>
> Um, I guess I should offer it to ada-mode -- tried that when AdaCore
> were running it, it wasn't general enough for them (but works for
> me!)

As the maintainer of Ada mode, I think this is more properly done in a
Makefile.

But it is possible to use Emacs Ada mode for pure Ada projects without
a Makefile, so I suppose it would make sense to include it as an
option.

> ;; gnatchop.el
> ;; Copyright (C) 2001 Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>.
> ;; $Id: gnatchop.el,v 1.1 2001/12/01 06:58:43 simon Exp $

Since Ada mode is part of Emacs, you would need to assign copyright to
the Free Software Foundation; email me off list about this.

> ;; Minor mode for use in Ada buffers that don't have the correct file name
> ;; for use with GNAT, and which therefore need to be "gnatchop"'d before
> ;; compilation.

"wrong file name" does not require gnatchop (you can specify other
names in the GNAT project file), only "multiple compilation units".

We should move other discussion about this to the Emacs Ada mode
mailing list hosted at
http://stephe-leake.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-ada-mode_stephe-leake.org

--
-- Stephe