From: Stephen Leake <stephen.a.leake.1@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Porting Ada to C (Stealth development)
Date: 18 Jan 2002 12:18:23 -0500
Date: 2002-01-18T17:22:23+00:00	[thread overview]

Just offering sympathy; I have no solution to your problem.

Although you might try writing Ada and seeing if anybody actually
objects to "picking it up"; it is easier to get forgiveness than
permission :). You could manually translate it to C at that time, if
necessary.

pontius@btv.MBI.com.invalid (Dale Pontius) writes:

> One perpetual concern is, "How does this stuff get maintained when
> XXXX moves on?" For that reason, they want a mainstream language,
> especially considering (as mentioned above) the programmers here do
> it on the side, not as a profession.

I get the same response, even when we _are_ writing software as a
profession.

I recently had occasion to confront my boss on why UML was "ok", but
Ada was "bad" (both are being proposed for new projects; we have no
history of using either). She was honest enough to admit it was
because "UML is a buzzword". Maybe I'll get her to consider real
issues yet!

--
-- Stephe