From: Stephen Leake <stephen.a.leake.1@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: source beautifier
Date: 12 Aug 2002 16:21:39 -0400
Date: 2002-08-12T20:30:52+00:00	[thread overview]

> > On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 22:14:21 -0100, jim hopper wrote:
> >
> >> what platform are you interested in??  I am doing a gui for it for mac
> >
> > Linux
> >
> > But I think the emacs indent-region function is ok for my purposes (for
> > now), I didn't know that it exists. But as soon as there will be another
> > good IDE available, I will stop using emacs, because
> >
> > 1) it's just too big,

Just out of curiosity, what measure are you using here? Megabytes of
disk space? Load time? keystrokes/functionality to learn?

> > and I use it only as an IDE for Ada

Well, it is very good for lots of other things. But some people prefer
other IDEs.

> > 2) it seems to work incorrectly (the main font can't be changed)
> > (actually it can be done, but when I restart emacs, the font
> > background changes to its default value)

You can set the font either on the command line, or in your .emacs.

Yes, that's one of the many things you have to learn about Emacs.

--
-- Stephe