* new (and last?) release of Windex
@ 2002-02-19 16:26 Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2002-02-19 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Release 1.06 of Windex is now available. It now compiles with GNAT
3.14p. I also fixed some bugs, and added some minor features.

See http://users.erols.com/leakstan/Stephe/Ada/windex.html for
download and history.

This will (probably) be my last release of Windex. I'm not getting any
feedback from users (I did get some from one a couple years ago), and
I'd rather work on a cross platform solution that other people are
using and contributing to. So I'll be switching to GtkAda.

Tom Moran suggested I post a "lessons learned" document somewhere.
Most of that is in the "design issues" and "history" sections of the
Windex home page above. The rest is in the code :).

If anyone is interested, I'm willing to give them the CVS repository
for Windex. Or anyone can just take this release and start
maintaining it.

Have fun!

--
-- Stephe

* Re: new (and last?) release of Windex
@ 2002-02-19 16:42 ` Pat Rogers
From: Pat Rogers @ 2002-02-19 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Stephen Leake" <stephen.a.leake.1@gsfc.nasa.gov> wrote in message
> Release 1.06 of Windex is now available. It now compiles with GNAT
> 3.14p. I also fixed some bugs, and added some minor features.
>
> See http://users.erols.com/leakstan/Stephe/Ada/windex.html for
> download and history.
>
> This will (probably) be my last release of Windex. I'm not getting any
> feedback from users (I did get some from one a couple years ago), and
> I'd rather work on a cross platform solution that other people are
> using and contributing to. So I'll be switching to GtkAda.
>
> Tom Moran suggested I post a "lessons learned" document somewhere.

How about a (short, if you wish) article for Ada Letters?

Pat Rogers
Technical Editor, Ada Letters