* binary gnatgcc 3.3 prerelease available
@ 2002-12-24 10:18 Jerry van Dijk
From: Jerry van Dijk @ 2002-12-24 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

I made a binary mingw version of the gnatgcc 3.3 prerelease available at:

http://prdownloads.sf.net/mingw/gnatgcc-3.3-pre-20021223.tar.gz

The mingw page will hopefully be updated next weekend.

Remember that this version needs to be unpacked in the /gnatgcc directory.
See the readme there for more installation information.

Note that the mingw build is NOT a straight FSF build, but includes many
mingw specific patches.

Please report any bugs on GNATLIST or directly to me. Thanks.

Have a nice christmas...

gr.
Jerry.

--
--  Jerry van Dijk   | email: jvandyk@attglobal.net
--  Leiden, Holland  | web:   users.ncrvnet.nl/gmvdijk

* Re: binary gnatgcc 3.3 prerelease available
@ 2002-12-30 19:33 ` Anh_Vo
From: Anh_Vo @ 2002-12-30 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jerry,

Thanks for your effort to make gnatgcc-3.3 available. It worked very
well on my PC with Windows 2K. However, it also contains a minor bug
because it does not poses any problem from compiling package bodies
and linking the main subprograms. The problem  occurs when compiling a
package specification having corresponding package body. for example,
when compiling global.ads, I got this error message.

C:\Ada_95\Bugs\gnatgcc-3.3>gcc -c global.ads
No code generated for file global.ads (package spec)
gcc: Internal error: Aborted (program gnat1)
Please submit a full bug report.
See <URL:http://www.mingw.org> for instructions.

-- global.ads --
with Interfaces;
package Global is
   pragma Elaborate_Body;
   type Size_T is new Interfaces.Unsigned_32;
end Global;

In addition, when testing the examples by invoking make, I got this
error

c++ -c ex7.C
ex7.C: In member function `void A::method1()':
ex7.C:9: `printf' undeclared (first use this function)
ex7.C:9: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each
function it
   appears in.)
make: *** [ex7.o] Error 1

By the way, I used MinGW-2.0.0-3.exe distribution for C++.

Happy and healthy new year to all.

A. Vo

@ 2003-01-01 13:46 Jerry van Dijk
From: Jerry van Dijk @ 2003-01-01 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

> C:\Ada_95\Bugs\gnatgcc-3.3>gcc -c global.ads
> No code generated for file global.ads (package spec)
> gcc: Internal error: Aborted (program gnat1)
> Please submit a full bug report.
> See <URL:http://www.mingw.org> for instructions.

> -- global.ads --
> with Interfaces;
> package Global is
>    pragma Elaborate_Body;
>    type Size_T is new Interfaces.Unsigned_32;
> end Global;

Yep, a new bug, it shouldn't bomb the compiler.

> c++ -c ex7.C
> ex7.C: In member function `void A::method1()':
> ex7.C:9: `printf' undeclared (first use this function)
> ex7.C:9: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each
> function it appears in.)
> make: *** [ex7.o] Error 1

The C++ interface is known not to work in 3.x.