* UniParser 0.21 - ready, changed
@ 2003-03-14  4:21 Victor Porton
From: Victor Porton @ 2003-03-14  4:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

UniParser 0.21alpha released. It is the first official release. Some
new features added.

Because of unexpectedly high interest to UniParser there are changes.

Firstly, more features are planned for development as well as more
caution to make it more consistent, stable, and reliable.

Added option to buy UniParser on CD.

The above also means increased price.

Also changed licensing policy. Because I've already said that it will
be Open Source, but now has failed to accomplish said, as a
compensation I'm going to give away gratis copies of UniParser for
non-commercial software developers on request (see the site for
details).

Sorry for all changes done after I've already proclaimed the licensing
policy. These changes are because of unexpected high interest. From
now the policy will be more stable.

You can buy UniParser now from http://www.ex-code.com/uniparser/ .
Buying it you will have the right of gratis updates during 4 years.

* Re: UniParser 0.21 - ready, changed
@ 2003-03-14 17:21 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2003-03-14 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

porton@ex-code.com (Victor Porton) writes:

> Sorry for all changes done after I've already proclaimed the licensing
> policy. These changes are because of unexpected high interest. From
> now the policy will be more stable.

Does that means that all Open Source Free Softwares are "junk code" and have
no user at all :)

Pascal.

--|

* Re: UniParser 0.21 - ready, changed
@ 2003-03-14 18:13   ` Victor Porton
From: Victor Porton @ 2003-03-14 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <uu1e5eued.fsf@wanadoo.fr>,
	Pascal Obry <p.obry@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> porton@ex-code.com (Victor Porton) writes:
>
>> Sorry for all changes done after I've already proclaimed the licensing
>> policy. These changes are because of unexpected high interest. From
>> now the policy will be more stable.
>
> Does that means that all Open Source Free Softwares are "junk code" and have
> no user at all :)

Sorry, I just as encountered so high interest to UniParser realized
that I may be flooded by support requests etc. I was just forced to
change the rules. Again I was forced to make changes.

And very probably rules will be some day changed again to more free.

By the way I also write really free software 100% independent of
business.

And one more time: for really free non-commercial software UniParser is
REALLY also 100% gratis, just request it (see the site).

I just not going to give away to e.g. militaries ;-) See my other
posting about what I think about...

* Re: UniParser 0.21 - ready, changed
@ 2003-03-16  2:31   ` Adrian Knoth
From: Adrian Knoth @ 2003-03-16  2:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pascal Obry <p.obry@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Does that means that all Open Source Free Softwares are "junk code"

I guess a high amount of OSS really is. And judging with the usual
standards for software-quality, a lot of non-Ada-software poorly
fails. Sure Ada-ware might even be rubbish, but not at all, it is
better rubbish, because compilers guarantee more :)

--
mail: adi@thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP: v2-key via keyserver

(W)hy (I)t (N)ever (DO)es (W)hat its (S)upposed to.

* Re: UniParser 0.21 - ready, changed
@ 2003-03-16  7:45     ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2003-03-16  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Adrian Knoth <adi@drcomp.erfurt.thur.de> writes:

> Pascal Obry <p.obry@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
> > Does that means that all Open Source Free Softwares are "junk code"
>
> I guess a high amount of OSS really is. And judging with the usual
> standards for software-quality, a lot of non-Ada-software poorly
> fails. Sure Ada-ware might even be rubbish, but not at all, it is
> better rubbish, because compilers guarantee more :)

My real point was "code with NO user", you cut my sentence above. I was not
launching another debate about the quality of Ada and Ada compilers ;)

Pascal.

--|