From: Pascal Obry <pascal@obry.net>
Subject: Re: Book recommendation
Date: 04 Jul 2005 18:51:19 +0200
Date: 2005-07-04T18:51:34+02:00	[thread overview]

Maciej Sobczak <no.spam@no.spam.com> writes:

> There are two books that I found and that I think would help me:
>
> - Programming in Ada 95 (Barnes)
> - Concurrency in Ada (Barns)
                        ^^^^^
                        Burns & Wellings

> I learned that Ada community is preparing for the new standard release this
> year.
>
> My questions are:
> - Would you recommend these two books (which focus on Ada95) anyway?

Yes, the second one is really good.

> - Are there any changes planned in the *relevant* parts of the language that
> would render these two books outright obsolete?

I would say no.

> - Or maybe there are new editions planned for later this year (I don't mind
> waiting)?

There is some additions on the "safety and security" and "Real-Time Systems"
annexes but Ada 2006 will be fully upward compatible with Ada 95 and
everything you'll lean now will be fine with the next standard.

Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.net
--|