From: Stephen Leake <Stephen.Leake@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Bit manipulation facilities in Ada
Date: 1998/11/24
Date: 1998-11-24T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

"Robert T. Sagris" <robs@physics.purdue.edu> writes:

> I'm thinking about taking an Data Security and Encryption course.
> The language for programming projects is open to the students.
>
> I was wondering if any one could recommend any books that demonstrate
> low level bit manipulation in Ada.
>
> I already have
>
>     Ada as a Second Language
>     By: Cohen

If this is the second edition (subtitled "based on Ada 95"), see page
118. He discusses bit-wise operations on modular types. I didn't find
anything on packed Boolean arrays, which is another way to do bit
manipulation. If you don't have the Ada 95 edition, go get it!

I don't have the other books you mentioned.

-- Stephe