* Glade :- the distributed Annex
@ 2002-03-27  7:38 tony
From: tony @ 2002-03-27  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was wondering if anyone involved in the making of GLADE (or people who
use it) could inform me of the following ...

1) When a distributed application is made, how secure are the facilities
used to protect the server application from some one recompiling the
client end to access the server. (does this make sense ?)

2) What encryption filters are available for the annex ?

thanks guys

* Re: Glade :- the distributed Annex
@ 2002-03-27  9:31 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2002-03-27  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

tony <tonygair@btinternet.com> writes:

> I was wondering if anyone involved in the making of GLADE (or people who
> use it) could inform me of the following ...
>
> 1) When a distributed application is made, how secure are the facilities
> used to protect the server application from some one recompiling the
> client end to access the server. (does this make sense ?)
>
> 2) What encryption filters are available for the annex ?

None in the standard distribution. You have a DES, RSA, IDEA implementations
here:

   http://lglwww.epfl.ch/ada/filters/home_page.html

Never used them, maybe it needs some tweaking to have them compatible with
GLADE 3.14.

Pascal.

--|