From: Stephen Leake <Stephe.Leake@nasa.gov>
Subject: SourceForge vs Savannah
Date: 10 Oct 2003 10:41:53 -0400
Date: 2003-10-10T14:45:07+00:00	[thread overview]

chris <spamoff.danx@ntlworld.com> writes:

> I'd rather use Savannah than SF for anything.  SF keep changing their
> T&C's and I've lost track of what's what on there.

Could you expand on this? What's "T&C". Hmm - Terms & Conditions?

I'm considering moving my library to either SourceForge or Savannah. I
was leaning towards Savannah, but then someone pointed out that being
on SourceForge makes it easier for others to find, which is an
important point.

> I would be willing to submit some of my work provided I got the
> ability to work on it and extend it.  I would even be willing to hand
> over my copyright, again providing I got the ability to play with it
> (also some credit) and it was some kind of group.

That's what licensing is all about. The GPL, or the GMGPL, gives you
what you are asking for.

--
-- Stephe