From: Stephen Leake <stephen.a.leake.1@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Task reschedule
Date: 05 Aug 2002 12:03:14 -0400
Date: 2002-08-05T16:11:46+00:00	[thread overview]

Gruntfuggly <nigel.scott@uk.thalesgroup.com> writes:

> I've always believed that 'delay 0.0' should cause a task reschedule.
> However, it appears that my compiler simply optimizes the statement
> out.
>
> Is there another way I can force the reschedule? I don't want to have
> to put it a '0.02', but if I put in a line of Text_IO instead, that
> gives me the correct functionality...

If you give each task a distinct priority, the highest priority one
will run when it is ready.

Or you can enable time-slicing, if you don't actually care where the
task switch happens.

If you are using a round-robin scheme, you'll have to use an OS call
to put the current task to sleep.

It seems odd to not use time-slicing for this. If you actually care
where the task switch happens, you should use a rendezvous or
protected object to force the task synchronization.

--
-- Stephe