From: Pascal Obry <p.obry@wanadoo.fr>
Subject: Re: Ada Technogies suitable for the following
Date: 03 Oct 2002 18:38:01 +0200
Date: 2002-10-03T16:38:17+00:00	[thread overview]

Michal Nowak <vinnie@inetia.pl> writes:

> On 2002-10-02 at 00:35 chris.danx wrote:
>
> >What technologies could be used for this?  Obviously there is XML/Ada
> >for the XML element, but what else?  AWS looks like a good bet for the
> >communication between client and server, although I'm not sure of it's
> >overall suitability (never done any network programming before and just
> >downloaded it, so am ignorant of it's capabilities).
>
> You may also consider using GLADE (this from distributed systems annex)
> for network communication. However I haven't used AWS yet, so I can't
> how it relates to GLADE.

There is no relation between GLADE (Annex E) and AWS. Just that for
distributed systems it is possible to use GLADE (can communicate with others
GLADE partition only) or AWS/SOAP (can communicate with all SOAP Web
Services).

You also should have a look at PolyORB: http://libre.act-europe.fr/polyorb/

Pascal.

--|