* Gnat: gmem does not work
@ 2003-01-29  4:02 Victor Porton
From: Victor Porton @ 2003-01-29  4:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gnat 3.14p, GNU gdb 2002-04-01-cvs (Linux/i386)

Despite of I link with -lgmem the file gmem.out is not produced. Any
ideas? (The program aborts with Storage_Error.)

Yes, the linker options are correct and -lgmem is really passed to the
linker. (I checked using -v flag and seeing the linker command line in
full.)

Yes, the current working directory is existing and writable.

Running in GDB mode also does not work:

$ gnatmem parser_test
gdb: Symbol `emacs_ctlx_keymap' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking

### incorrect user program  termination detected.
    following data may not be meaningful

Global information
------------------
   Total number of allocations        :   0
   Total number of deallocations      :   0
   Final Water Mark (non freed mem)   :   0 Bytes
   High Water Mark                    :   0 Bytes

* Re: Gnat: gmem does not work
@ 2003-01-29 19:38 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2003-01-29 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

porton@ex-code.com (Victor Porton) writes:

> Gnat 3.14p, GNU gdb 2002-04-01-cvs (Linux/i386)
>
> Despite of I link with -lgmem the file gmem.out is not produced. Any
> ideas? (The program aborts with Storage_Error.)

Perhaps you need more stack space.

> Yes, the linker options are correct and -lgmem is really passed to
> the linker. (I checked using -v flag and seeing the linker command
> line in full.)

Well, _you_ may think it's correct, but showing it to us will let us
verify that :).

> Yes, the current working directory is existing and writable.
>
> Running in GDB mode also does not work:
>
> $ gnatmem parser_test
> gdb: Symbol `emacs_ctlx_keymap' has different size in shared object,
> consider re-linking

It's telling you there's a problem. Try 'make clean' and start again.

--
-- Stephe