* Ada Web Services
@ 2002-10-25 19:46 Darren Ingram
From: Darren Ingram @ 2002-10-25 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anyone know of any web sites that have information on creating Web Services in Ada?

Thank you

* Re: Ada Web Services
@ 2002-10-25 22:52 ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 2002-10-25 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Does anyone know of any web sites that have information on creating Web
> Services in Ada?
  www.adapower.com
Can you be more specific about what you want?

* Re: Ada Web Services
@ 2002-10-26  0:45 ` Anisimkov
From: Anisimkov @ 2002-10-26  0:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Does anyone know of any web sites that have information on creating Web
Services in Ada?

You could see
"AWS a complete Web development framework"
http://libre.act-europe.fr/aws

* Re: Ada Web Services
@ 2002-10-26  9:05 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2002-10-26  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Darren Ingram <ingramd@aston.ac.uk> writes:

> Does anyone know of any web sites that have information on creating Web
> Services in Ada?

If you are looking for SOAP, AWS is a good candidate as said by Dmitriy
Anisimkov. There is also a mailing-list dedicated to AWS.

Pascal.

--|

* Re: Ada Web Services
@ 2002-10-26 12:49   ` Darren Ingram
From: Darren Ingram @ 2002-10-26 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yes. i have signed up to the AWS mailing list.  In fact, AWS is why i am
asking about Web Services.  I am currently in my final year at university,
which requires me to do a large final year project.  I have chosen the
project which involves investigating into Ada Web Server and then create an
application with it.  My inital investigations into AWS showed me that it has
SOAP capabilities.  A little investigation led me to Web Services.  My
previous newsgroup post was my start into Web Services research :) - as i
thought i could expand on my project to make an AWS application which
includes using SOAP, Web Services and XML.  I need to buy a book about all
this SOAP stuff really (I am trying to decide between 'XML, Web Services &
the Data Revolution' (Frank P Coyle) and 'XML and Web Services Unleashed'
(SAMS).  Being a poor student, i cant afford the both!)

Thank you all for your replies.  Much appreciated.
Pascal Obry wrote:

> Darren Ingram <ingramd@aston.ac.uk> writes:
>
> > Does anyone know of any web sites that have information on creating Web
> > Services in Ada?
>
> If you are looking for SOAP, AWS is a good candidate as said by Dmitriy
> Anisimkov. There is also a mailing-list dedicated to AWS.
>
> Pascal.
>
> --
>
> --|------------------------------------------------------
> --| Pascal Obry                           Team-Ada Member
> --| 45, rue Gabriel Peri - 78114 Magny Les Hameaux FRANCE
> --|------------------------------------------------------
> --|         http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry
> --| "The best way to travel is by means of imagination"
> --|
> --| gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-key C1082595

* Re: Ada Web Services
@ 2002-10-26 13:59     ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2002-10-26 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Darren Ingram <ingramd@aston.ac.uk> writes:

> Thank you all for your replies.  Much appreciated.

Thanks. I don't really know the context of your project but maybe you just
don't need to buy a book at this point. AWS/SOAP abstract out completely the
XML and payload stuff! Basically you have a simple API to deal with and for
sure this API won't be covered in the books you listed :) Have a look at the
AWS/SOAP demos, and use the AWS mailing list if you have troubles about some
features.

Pascal.

--|