* Search path problem with GNAT 3.15p
@ 2002-12-12 15:30 Robert Spooner
From: Robert Spooner @ 2002-12-12 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Last night I installed GNAT on my home computer:
	HP Pavilion 8676C, MS Windows 98 Second Edition.

I installed:
	gnat3.15p-nt, gnatwin-3.15p

When I try to compile a program, a dialog box pops up that says:
	unable to open file de\a-tags.adb

I searched and found the file in:
	C:\GNAT\gcc-lib\pentium-mingw32msv\2.8.1\adainclude

It seems like a search path problem.  What can I do to correct this?

Thanks,
Bob
--
                             Robert L. Spooner
                      Registered Professional Engineer

          Applied Research Laboratory        Phone: (814) 863-4120
          The Pennsylvania State University  FAX:   (814) 863-7841
          P. O. Box 30
          State College, PA 16804-0030       rls19@psu.edu

* Re: Search path problem with GNAT 3.15p
@ 2002-12-13  0:20 ` Jerry van Dijk
From: Jerry van Dijk @ 2002-12-13  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert Spooner <rls19@psu.edu> writes:

> When I try to compile a program, a dialog box pops up that says:
> 	unable to open file de\a-tags.adb

Hmm, never seen that before

> It seems like a search path problem.  What can I do to correct this?

First check with 'gnatls -v' if the registry is pointing to the correct
directories. If wrong correct with gnatreg. Note that the environment
variables ADA_INCLUDE_PATH and ADA_OBJECTS_PATH are also taken into
account.

--
--  Jerry van Dijk   | email: jvandyk@attglobal.net
--  Leiden, Holland  | web:   users.ncrvnet.nl/gmvdijk

* Re: Search path problem with GNAT 3.15p
@ 2002-12-13 11:46   ` Fraser Wilson
From: Fraser Wilson @ 2002-12-13 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jerry van Dijk <jvandyk@attglobal.net> writes:

> Robert Spooner <rls19@psu.edu> writes:
>
> > When I try to compile a program, a dialog box pops up that says:
> > 	unable to open file de\a-tags.adb

> Hmm, never seen that before

Me neither.  But is it a coincidence that "adainclude" is eight
letters long without the "de"?  The "de" which subsequently appears in
the file name.  I guess that some Windows 98 long file name thing
failed in a strange way.

Not that this helps you much.  Perhaps renaming 'adainclude' to
something shorter will fix this problem (though it will undoubtedly
create many more, but twiddling with the paths in the registry might
help).

Fraser.