From: Stephen Leake <Stephen.A.Leake@nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Experiences with GPS-IDE
Date: 15 Apr 2003 14:31:06 -0400
Date: 2003-04-15T18:46:01+00:00	[thread overview]

Mark Johnson <mark_h_johnson@raytheon.com> writes:

> Stephen Leake wrote:
> >
> > Mark Johnson <mark_h_johnson@raytheon.com> writes:
> >
> > > What I do like better in GPS is the better browsing facility, auto
> > > fixing,
> >
> > I haven't encountered "auto fixing" in GPS; what menu/mouse action
> > invokes this, and what does it do?
> >
> If you do a compile or build, the messages window in the lower right
> will get the compilation errors / warnings. If it has a wrench like icon
> at the beginning of the line, click on it to apply the automatic fix.
> There is also a "code fixing" menu item on the Tools menu; though that
> appears to be grayed out, even when at a fixable error. A quick example
> of this is to replace a := with =.

Ok. That is equivalent to my Emacs package, at least in general
functionality. I wonder if they cover the same list of errors.

Is it bound to a key?

More importantly, how do I add new errors to the list of things that
can be fixed? That's really the power of Emacs. Hmm, I guess they'd
say "edit the Ada source for GPS and recompile". Maybe I'll try that
someday :).

--
-- Stephe