From: Stephen Leake <Stephe.Leake@nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Ann: TeXCAD 4.0 (-\epsilon)
Date: 13 May 2003 13:54:01 -0400
Date: 2003-05-13T18:09:29+00:00	[thread overview]

gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com (Gautier) writes:

> Stephen Leake:
>
> > Well, I need to know what you are using the registry for; I have not
> > yet downloaded the sources, nor did I peek into the registry to see
> > what you had done to it.
>
> Very bad things. It must be in a terrible shape presently. Run "regedit",
> type F3 and "texcad" to see the awful damages I have inflicted.

Hmm. looks like persistence for menus ("E:\Stephe\test.pic"), settings
(reduce, snap), and maybe some internationalization?

That's a job for Grace.Config_Files:
http://www.nongnu.org/Grace/Grace_Home.html,
currently only accessible via the CVS web interface:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/?group=grace

Be aware that Grace.Config_Files is not yet fully implemented, but it may
meet your needs. And it will be more portable and user-friendly than
the Windows Registry. Feel free to contribute!

--
-- Stephe