* String_Elements
@ 2006-09-01 10:57 hunnia@hu.inter.net
From: hunnia@hu.inter.net @ 2006-09-01 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Trying to compile gps with gnat 4.1.
In gnat 3.5 in prj there is String_Elemets defined.
Thsi is missing in gnat 4.1.
In its place I see In_Tree.String_Elements.

 Where is the detailed description which describes the differences between
the two versions and pointer how to port applications from 3.5 to 4.1.1

Thank you.

* Re: String_Elements
@ 2006-09-02 11:45 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2006-09-02 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

"hunnia@hu.inter.net" <slengyel@chello.hu> writes:

> Trying to compile gps with gnat 4.1.
> In gnat 3.5 in prj there is String_Elemets defined.
> Thsi is missing in gnat 4.1.
> In its place I see In_Tree.String_Elements.

GPS uses some GNAT internal code, to read the project files and
possibly for other things.

So each release of GNAT requires a corresponding release of GPS.

By 'gnat 4.1', I guess you mean the GNAT included in the 4.1 fsf
release of gcc. You'll have to find the parts of GPS that depend on
the compiler version and change them.

>  Where is the detailed description which describes the differences
> between the two versions and pointer how to port applications from
> 3.5 to 4.1.1

I suspect that exists only inside a few people's heads in AdaCore.

--
-- Stephe