From: Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@acm.org>
Subject: Re: Maintenance of ada-mode.el
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 07:39:09 -0400
Date: 2006-08-10T07:39:09-04:00	[thread overview]

"Ludovic Brenta" <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org> writes:

> There was a discussion last month about the stewardship and future
> maintenance of ada-mode.el. IIRC, Stephen Leake volunteered to do that,
> and there were various suggestions as to where to host the sources
> under version control. The suggestions included SourceForge and (my
> favourite) the upstream emacs project on Savannah.
>
> Stephen, what is the status? Has anything happened beyond that
> discussion? (Not that I want to pressure you or anything).

Nothing has happened yet. I've been very busy at work, and at home
with painting and cleaning up falling trees.

My plan is to check out the current FSF Emacs sources, change the
maintainer in ada-mode.el to me, and send that to someone with
check-in priviledges.

Then I'll see if adding an ada-mode mailing list to the savannah emacs
site is acceptable. Otherwise, I'll look for another listserve.

Then we can have a discussion of what to do next.

It has been suggested that we just use comp.lang.ada, but I suspect
there are emacs ada mode users that don't read this newsgroup. I also
suspect I'll be told to use the main emacs mailing lists, but they
have far too much other traffic for my taste.

Thanks for the nudge, though :). I'll try to make progress on this
soon.

--
-- Stephe