From: Jerry van Dijk <jdijk@solcon.nl>
Subject: Re: Only one Ada vendor?
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 12:13:09 +0100
Date: 2007-10-28T12:13:09+01:00	[thread overview]

Colossus.Pike@worldnet.att.net (anon) writes:

> But to start with is that GNAT is to most not a true Ada compiler.  It is
> an "Experimental" and "Educational" Ada compiler only.  Adacore has not
> tried to make it a standard compiler.

Geez. It is not often that I feel compelled to post here nowadays. But this
sort of 'Character Deflamation' is really uncalled for.

We are lucky, considering todays marketplace, that there are several excellent
Ada Toolchains competing for our business. If and how companies invest in
upgrading their systems to the latest standards it up to them. The market will
decide who is right. But to work that market needs accurate and complete
information, not the FUD spreading above.

gr.
Jerry.

--
--  Jerry van Dijk