From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: Printing from within a program
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 14:48:31 -0500
Date: 2002-07-09T14:48:31-05:00	[thread overview]

Fraz wrote in message
<52oW8.863$oZ4.77897@newsfep2-win.server.ntli.net>...
>Hello
>
>I am using an execute procedure from within an ada program to launch
the
>Windows PRINT command and print a series of text files.  However,
Windows
>brings up the print dialog box for each file - is there any way to
bypass
>this and just print directly ala print icon in Word etc?
>
>Also, Can i set the layout to be landscape automatically??
>
>I want the files to print and in the correct aspect without any user
>interaction? How do i do this?

You'll need to use Claw (www.rrsoftware.com) or one of the other Windows
interfaces to do this.

The easiest way to print a text file in Claw is to load the file into a
rich edit control, then use the built-in printing functions of the
control. (Note: This functionality is not in the Claw Introductory
version.) You don't even need to have the control visible on the screen
if you don't want the user to see it.

           Randy Brukardt.