* standard library and 3D math library?
@ 2001-11-20 21:02 Michael Andersson
From: Michael Andersson @ 2001-11-20 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!
Is there any ADA standard library like the C++ STL?
Do anyone know of a good 3D math library that support quaternoins and
matrix operation?

Thanks in advance!
/Michael Andersson

* Re: standard library and 3D math library?
@ 2001-11-21 10:38 Gautier Write-only-address
From: Gautier Write-only-address @ 2001-11-21 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

>From: Michael Andersson <a98mican@ida.his.se>

>Do anyone know of a good 3D math library that support quaternoins and
>matrix operation?

No quaternions, but a full autonomous 3D math library, yes:
see Camera_3D.ads/.adb in paqs.zip on the page below.
HTH
Gautier  --  http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/gsoft.htm

NB: Do not answer to sender address, visit the Web site!
    Ne r�pondez pas � l'exp�diteur, visitez le site ouaibe!

* Re: standard library and 3D math library?
@ 2001-11-21 16:37 ` Jacob Sparre Andersen
From: Jacob Sparre Andersen @ 2001-11-21 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Andersson wrote:

> Is there any ADA standard library like the C++ STL?

I don't know the C++ STL, but the Ada (note the
capitalisation) standard includes a large collection of
useful packages for various purposes.

Jacob
--
 Velkommen til et nyt og endnu mere fremmedfjendsk Danmark.
     Welcome to a new and even more xenophobic Denmark.

 * Complex systems (mostly turbulence experiments)
 * Geoscience (a bit of oceanography and geology)
 * Programming (mostly in Ada and Pascal)

* Re: standard library and 3D math library?
@ 2001-11-21 16:57   ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2001-11-21 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001 17:37:31 +0100, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
> Michael Andersson wrote:
>
>> Is there any ADA standard library like the C++ STL?

What do you need it for?

> Jacob
> --
>  Velkommen til et nyt og endnu mere fremmedfjendsk Danmark.

Ja :-( jeg likte ikke valg resultatet jeg heller. Det m� v�re noe helt
feil med debatten n�r jeg h�rer p� radioen at dansker hevder at
innvandrerene formerer deg med en halv million i �ret.

Preben
--
 ()   Join the worldwide campaign to protect fundamental human rights.
'||}

* Re: standard library and 3D math library?
@ 2001-11-21 17:47 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2001-11-21 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

> >From: Michael Andersson <a98mican@ida.his.se>
>
> >Do anyone know of a good 3D math library that support quaternoins and
> >matrix operation?

I have a complete quaternion library. Hmm, I never got around to
putting it on my web site.

I can mail you a zip file, if you'd like. Maybe I'll get it on my web
site this weekend.

I wrote it while doing robots, and I've reused it in a satellite
simulator. It supports quaternions, conversions between quaternions
and 3x3 orthonormal matrices, and operations with 3D vectors.

--
-- Stephe