* Trouble with ASIS issues
@ 2009-06-04 15:07 Hibou57 (Yannick Duchêne)
From: Hibou57 (Yannick Duchêne) @ 2009-06-04 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all again,

Before I asked (to come) some questions about ASIS, I was to ask a
question about ASIS issues.

Some times ago, I've found on the web, a file containing ASIS packages
specifications. As this was for a version of ASIS corresponding to an
old version of Ada, I started to get ASIS issues, and apply issues
marked as approved to the packages specifications.

But it seems there are sometime some troubles. Sometime I wondered if
I was the source of the trouble, and sometime, I'm pretty sure this
comes from issues.

As an exemple, after I've applyed SI99-0004-1 and SI99-0032-1, and
attempted to compile the specifications, I get an error about a
duplicated items in Asis.Definition_Kinds : the item
An_Access_Definition was duplicated.

So I've checked for the issues which made me add this
An_Access_Definition, and found that indeed, both SI99-0004-1 and
SI99-0032-1 was talking about adding this.

May be I did not understood how to apply ASIS issues.

Is it normal if I fall into this trouble ?

What do you suggest me ?

P.S. For the question about ASIS, I prefer to open a separate topic
later.

* Re: Trouble with ASIS issues
@ 2009-06-05 12:57 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2009-06-05 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Hibou57 (Yannick Duchêne)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr> writes:

> Some times ago, I've found on the web, a file containing ASIS packages
> specifications. As this was for a version of ASIS corresponding to an
> old version of Ada, I started to get ASIS issues, and apply issues
> marked as approved to the packages specifications.

It is much better to use the ASIS code provided by your compiler
vendor.

> May be I did not understood how to apply ASIS issues.

Where are you getting these from?

Ask your vendor to include them in their next ASIS release.

> P.S. For the question about ASIS, I prefer to open a separate topic
> later.

I look forward to that; there has not been enough ASIS trafic here
recently :).

--
-- Stephe

* Re: Trouble with ASIS issues
@ 2009-06-05 16:41   ` Hibou57 (Yannick Duchêne)
From: Hibou57 (Yannick Duchêne) @ 2009-06-05 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Stephen,

On 5 juin, 14:57, Stephen Leake <stephen_le...@stephe-leake.org>
wrote:
> It is much better to use the ASIS code provided by your compiler
> vendor.
I'm not seeking for any vendor product, but only for the ASIS
interface (package specifications), without obsoleted features and
with conformance to Ada 2005.

> Where are you getting these from?
From ada-auth.org

> Ask your vendor to include them in their next ASIS release.
I'm not a client of any vendor. At the time, I'm just using either the
GNAT GPL and the MinGW Ada (another version of GNAT).

> I look forward to that; there has not been enough ASIS trafic here
> recently :).
This will be done in ten or more minutes. So, hope it will be
interesting to you as well

* Re: Trouble with ASIS issues
@ 2009-06-06  6:22     ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2009-06-06  6:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Hibou57 (Yannick Duch�ne)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr> writes:

> Hi Stephen,
>
> On 5 juin, 14:57, Stephen Leake <stephen_le...@stephe-leake.org>
> wrote:
>> It is much better to use the ASIS code provided by your compiler
>> vendor.
> I'm not seeking for any vendor product, but only for the ASIS
> interface (package specifications), without obsoleted features and
> with conformance to Ada 2005.
>
>> Where are you getting these from?
> From ada-auth.org
>
>> Ask your vendor to include them in their next ASIS release.
> I'm not a client of any vendor. At the time, I'm just using either the
> GNAT GPL and the MinGW Ada (another version of GNAT).

So you are a non-paying client of AdaCore (or FSF); they are providing
the ASIS implementation you are using.

Changing the spec without making other corresponding changes can be
expected to break the tools.

--
-- Stephe