From: Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org>
Subject: Re: GNAT project and search directories
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 21:11:29 -0500
Date: 2009-12-28T21:11:29-05:00	[thread overview]

"Hibou57 (Yannick Duch�ne)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr> writes:

> By the way, just because I feel inquisitive with it : did someone know
> what is the license of the GPRBuild language ?

The gprbuild and related tools are GPL (with or without the GNAT
modification, depending on where you get it).

I assume by "the GPRBuild language" you mean the language used to
write GNAT Project files; *.gpr.

I don't think the language is licensed separately. Normally, the way
to license a language is to publish a language definition. The gpr
language is not documented very clearly; partly in the GNAT Reference
Manual, partly in the GNAT User guide (_not_ in the GPRBuild user
guide!). Those documents are licensed under the GNU Free Documentation
license.

This is only a concern if you are considering doing an independent
implementation of the language; is that the case?

--
-- Stephe