* Please list a few current Ada sites
@ 2002-05-30  2:28 Samuel G. Kramer
From: Samuel G. Kramer @ 2002-05-30  2:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've always been interested in Ada and have bookmarked sites when I
find them.  Unfortuanately, all the ones I have bookmarked
(www.adahome.com, www.acm.org/sigada/, and a few others) either don't
come up, or haven't been updated in ages.  Some of the adahome.com FAQ
pages have a 1998 update date on them.

Is this language being taught in MOST colleges with a CS major?  Looks
like only a few diehards come up in my web searches, with cryptic
comments of no value to someone considering diving into it as a new
programming language.

Sam

* Re: Please list a few current Ada sites
@ 2002-05-30  3:17 ` Chad R. Meiners
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Chad R. Meiners @ 2002-05-30  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

www.adapower.com

@ 2002-05-30  7:10 ` Tarjei T. Jensen
From: Tarjei T. Jensen @ 2002-05-30  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Samuel G. Kramer wrote:
> I've always been interested in Ada and have bookmarked sites when I
> find them.  Unfortuanately, all the ones I have bookmarked
> (www.adahome.com, www.acm.org/sigada/, and a few others) either don't
> come up, or haven't been updated in ages.  Some of the adahome.com FAQ
> pages have a 1998 update date on them.

If you had gone to http://www.adapower.com/ you would have found THE Ada
site.

greetings,

* Re: Please list a few current Ada sites
@ 2002-05-30 14:15   ` Marin David Condic
From: Marin David Condic @ 2002-05-30 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Adahome is really doing a disservice to Ada in its present condition. It
ought to be turned off if it isn't going to be updated. The best place to
start is, as observed, Adapower & go looking for links there.

MDC
--
Marin David Condic
Senior Software Engineer

@ 2002-05-30 20:55 ` Pedro Menendez
From: Pedro Menendez @ 2002-05-30 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

as I was doing my final project a year ago I checked more or less often
www.gnuada.org for getting a recent compiler and good programming tools and
bindings. I dunno how it is nowadays but there used to be fresh and
updated software

>I've always been interested in Ada and have bookmarked sites when I
>find them.  Unfortuanately, all the ones I have bookmarked
>(www.adahome.com, www.acm.org/sigada/, and a few others) either don't
>come up, or haven't been updated in ages.  Some of the adahome.com FAQ
>pages have a 1998 update date on them.
>
>Is this language being taught in MOST colleges with a CS major?  Looks
>like only a few diehards come up in my web searches, with cryptic
>comments of no value to someone considering diving into it as a new
>programming language.

Regards

Pedro Menendez

Oviedo (Asturias) - Spain

http://petra.euitio.uniovi.es/~i1641014

* Re: Please list a few current Ada sites
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2002-06-10 23:07 ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2002-06-10 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Samuel G. Kramer wrote in message
<3cf58cab.6869381@news.earthlink.net>...
>I've always been interested in Ada and have bookmarked sites when I
>find them.  Unfortuanately, all the ones I have bookmarked
>(www.adahome.com, www.acm.org/sigada/, and a few others) either don't
>come up, or haven't been updated in ages.

Try www.adaic.org. There is a long list of working links there.

         Randy Brukardt
         Adaic Technical Webmaster