* problems making OpenGL with Gnat 3.13p
@ 2002-05-30 16:52 Hans Beck
From: Hans Beck @ 2002-05-30 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I use the GNAT Win32 distribution 3.13p and I would build Opengl
programs. I've used the OpenGL examples comming with Object Ada standard
edition from Aonix .

I added the libraries libgl32.a, libglux.a and libopengl32.a as
described, but it seems there is a problem with libglux.a Constants will
be taken from it, but all functions / procedures are not found by the
linker. Is it possible that libglux.a has a problem ? (the other libs
are processed correct...)

Are there any GNAT-Win32 examples for OpenGL or direct x on the web ?

Thanks for help !

Hans

* Re: problems making OpenGL with Gnat 3.13p
@ 2002-05-30 16:54 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2002-05-30 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Beck <hnbeck@t-online.de> writes:

> Are there any GNAT-Win32 examples for OpenGL or direct x on the web ?

There is some on my homepages based on GLUT and GLAUX.

   http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/contrib.html

Pascal.

--|

* Re: problems making OpenGL with Gnat 3.13p
@ 2002-05-30 17:04 ` Hans Beck
From: Hans Beck @ 2002-05-30 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

> I added the libraries libgl32.a, libglux.a and libopengl32.a as
> described, but it seems there is a problem with libglux.a Constants will
> be taken from it, but all functions / procedures are not found by the
> linker. Is it possible that libglux.a has a problem ? (the other libs
> are processed correct...)

there is a writing error: I mean the libglaux.a not libglux. Sorry.

@ 2002-05-30 21:51   ` Kai Schuelke
From: Kai Schuelke @ 2002-05-30 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Pascal Obry" <p.obry@wanadoo.fr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> There is some on my homepages based on GLUT and GLAUX.
>
>    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/contrib.html

Hello All,

I wanted to post that I got some samples on an Ada promotional CD, but saw
that they were from Pascal Orby. So I want do thank you for this helpful
work.

Thanks a lot

Kai

* Re: problems making OpenGL with Gnat 3.13p
@ 2002-05-31 21:45   ` Hans Beck
From: Hans Beck @ 2002-05-31 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Pascal Obry wrote:
> Hans Beck <hnbeck@t-online.de> writes:
>

>>Are there any GNAT-Win32 examples for OpenGL or direct x on the web ?
>

> There is some on my homepages based on GLUT and GLAUX.
>
>    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/contrib.html
>
> Pascal.

I've got the examples with cube, surface etc from your website. But it's
the same problem I could compile but not link using GNAT 3.13p f�r
Win32. the missing symbols are:

  AuxInitDisplayMode
  AuxInitPosition
  Res := AuxInitWindow
  AuxReshapeFunc
Auxmainloop

How do you get your examples work ? Is there more to do then adding
the gl32 glaux and opengl32 libraries to the linker path ?

Greetings

@ 2002-06-01  6:49     ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2002-06-01  6:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Beck <hnbeck@t-online.de> writes:

> Pascal Obry wrote:
> > Hans Beck <hnbeck@t-online.de> writes:
> >
> >>Are there any GNAT-Win32 examples for OpenGL or direct x on the web ?
> > There is some on my homepages based on GLUT and GLAUX.
> >    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/contrib.html
> > Pascal.
>
> I've got the examples with cube, surface etc from your website. But it's
> the same problem I could compile but not link using GNAT 3.13p f�r Win32. the
> missing symbols are:
>
>   AuxInitDisplayMode
>   AuxInitPosition
>   Res := AuxInitWindow
>   AuxReshapeFunc
> Auxmainloop
>
> How do you get your examples work ? Is there more to do then adding
> the gl32 glaux and opengl32 libraries to the linker path ?

Are you using GLAUX or GLUT ? If the former be sure to download a binary
distribution of the GLAUX library on my Web Site (libglaux.a). But the best
way is to use the GLUT layer instead... I have not compiled this demos since a
long time so maybe there is some other issues, but I'll be surprised.

Pascal.

--|

* Re: problems making OpenGL with Gnat 3.13p
@ 2002-06-03 18:29       ` Hans Beck
From: Hans Beck @ 2002-06-03 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

> Are you using GLAUX or GLUT ? If the former be sure to download a binary
> distribution of the GLAUX library on my Web Site (libglaux.a). But the best
> way is to use the GLUT layer instead... I have not compiled this demos since a
> long time so maybe there is some other issues, but I'll be surprised.

The examples mentioned are glaux examples. For using Glut I need an
extra package, right ?

what's about performance of GLUT ? Is it slower then using openGL
"directly" ? (I think so because GLUT lays above basic openGL)

@ 2002-06-03 20:13         ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2002-06-03 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Beck <hnbeck@t-online.de> writes:

> The examples mentioned are glaux examples. For using Glut I need an extra
> package, right ?

Yes, the GLUT archive :)

        http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/archive/glut32.tar.gz

> what's about performance of GLUT ? Is it slower then using openGL
> "directly" ? (I think so because GLUT lays above basic openGL)

You can't use OpenGL directly, you need a toolkit to manage the Window,
events... This is what GLAUX or GLUT is about.

Pascal.

--|

* Re: problems making OpenGL with Gnat 3.13p
@ 2002-06-03 21:52           ` Hans Beck
From: Hans Beck @ 2002-06-03 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

the glut stuff works fine :-)))))

Only for interest: the Win32.Gl (->libopengl.a) contains the basic
opengl ? what is  then the Win32.Glu (->libgl32.a )?

The glaux library still doesnt work. Even the missing symbols I
described further now could found, there are new symbols missing
referenced in libglaux.a:

d:\PROGRA~1\GNAT\lib/libglaux.a(glaux.o)(.text+0x56):glaux.c: undefined
reference to `glOrtho@48'
d:\PROGRA~1\GNAT\lib/libglaux.a(glaux.o)(.text+0x664):glaux.c: undefined
reference to `glClearIndex@4'
d:\PROGRA~1\GNAT\lib/libglaux.a(glaux.o)(.text+0x67a):glaux.c: undefined
reference to `glDrawBuffer@4'
d:\PROGRA~1\GNAT\lib/libglaux.a(tk.o)(.text+0x634):tk.c: undefined
reference to `wglCreateContext@4'
d:\PROGRA~1\GNAT\lib/libglaux.a(tk.o)(.text+0x649):tk.c: undefined
reference to `wglMakeCurrent@8'
d:\PROGRA~1\GNAT\lib/libglaux.a(tk.o)(.text+0x1b3b):tk.c: undefined
reference to  `wglMakeCurrent@8'
d:\PROGRA~1\GNAT\lib/libglaux.a(tk.o)(.text+0x1b46):tk.c: undefined
reference to  `wglDeleteContext@4'
gnatmake: *** link failed.

So as it looks to me, the openGl part of the GNAT 3.13p distribution is
faulty related to the glaux stuff (as shown there is at least a wrong
libgluax.a) .

@ 2002-06-04 16:27             ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2002-06-04 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Beck <hnbeck@t-online.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> the glut stuff works fine :-)))))

Good to know.

> Only for interest: the Win32.Gl (->libopengl.a) contains the basic opengl ?
> what is  then the Win32.Glu (->libgl32.a )?

Different OpenGL layers.

> So as it looks to me, the openGl part of the GNAT 3.13p distribution is
> faulty related to the glaux stuff (as shown there is at least a wrong
> libgluax.a) .

No it is not :) Tell nobody but libglaux.a should not be distributed as-is
because some code inside... Well you get the idea. So libglaux.a in GNAT is
ok. You can get a "wrong" libglaux.a from my homepage, this one should
be ok :)

Anyway the best path is to use GLUT which is ported on GNU/Linux and
Windows. GLAUX is Windows only.

Pascal.

--|