From: Stephen Leake <stephen.a.leake.1@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Design Considerations for Cross Platform development
Date: 25 Nov 2002 15:35:06 -0500
Date: 2002-11-25T20:46:32+00:00	[thread overview]

"John Resler" <John-Resler@cox.net> writes:

> Hello all,
>     Looking for opinions here. I am developing an ASIS application with a
> C++ front end.
> Ada only Bigots need not respond. :) The reason for C++ is the very nice GUI
> builder.
> Question is... COM vs. client/server design.

Hmm. In my understanding, COM _is_ client/server. So you'll have to be
more specific.

Perhaps you meant COM vs sockets?

> Any recommendations for an application thats logical functionality
> (ASIS Querys) is entirely separated from the User Interface?

Usually a good idea. There are no general solutions. You have to
decide exactly where to split the whole project, and carefully define
what data is passed between them.

--
-- Stephe