From: Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@acm.org>
Subject: convert Word to PDF via GNATCOM
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 09:21:56 -0500
Date: 2006-02-12T09:21:56-05:00	[thread overview]

I have several Microsoft Word documents that are updated occasionally,
and I'd like to automate converting them to PDF for publication on a
Web page. (Yes, I'd rather they were in LaTeX or some other source,
but I'm stuck with MS Word for now).

I have Adobe Acrobat installed. It adds a button to Word that does the
conversion nicely.

I'd like to use Gnu make to automate things, but I'm open to other
suggestions.

I don't know how to invoke a Word button (or the underlying macro)
from a command line.

So I'm trying to use GNATCOM to generate a binding, and write a simple
Ada main that invokes the Word macro that does the PDF conversion.

I've run bindcom on MSWORD.TLB, and generated lots of Ada code, but I
don't see anything that looks like "call a macro".

Any suggestions?

--
-- Stephe