* gnatcom and Extended MAPI
@ 2002-06-05 20:25 Terry Westley
From: Terry Westley @ 2002-06-05 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

In some of David's GNATCOM documentation http://www.adapower.com/gnatcom/,
he mentions the possibility of implementing Extended MAPI in a COM object.

Has anyone done this?

I'm trying to write VBA code in Outlook to identify and control incoming SPAM.
Unfortunately, Microsoft protects the privacy of spammers with its Outlook
security model: you can't ask useful things like "did this mail originate within
my company?" of the Outlook VBA object model!  The solution appears to be
to use Extended MAPI.  Now, you know the rest of the story.

--
Terry Westley
westley@yahoo.com

* Re: gnatcom and Extended MAPI
@ 2002-06-06  1:02 ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2002-06-06  1:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

The best way to do this is bind to the CDO library.

David Botton
BTW, try the GNATCOM mail list - see http://www.adapower.com/gnatcom for how
to join :-)