* ANNOUNCE : new version of SMTP component
@ 2001-01-12 18:28 Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2001-01-12 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

I use this announcement to wish you all an happy New Year.

I'm happy to announce a new version of my SMTP component. Here is
the readme.txt as found in the archive. This component is provided
as-is and come with no guaranty.

<<
                   S M T P - Simple Mail Transfer Protocol

			   Copyright (C) 2000-2001
                               Pascal Obry

This is a component that implement the SMTP (Simple Mail Tranfer Protocol). It
is distributed in a modified GPL license (GNAT library GPL).

It is a component to show that Ada can send mail too. I just hope that
this will help the Ada community. A simple SMTP server implementation is now
provide. It will receive a mail, open it, put the mail data into a structure
and call a user's callback procedure. Could be the start of a mailing list
engine...

The distribution can be found at:

    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/contrib.html

Pascal.

p.obry@wanadoo.fr
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/

For people having difficulties with french language even if the only problem
here is to find the SMTP keyword in a Web page, here is a direct link to the
archive:

        http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/archive/smtp.tar.gz

Thanks to all for the feedbacks I got.

Have a nice week-end,
Pascal.

--|

* Re: ANNOUNCE : new version of SMTP component
@ 2001-01-12 19:30 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2001-01-12 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <ulmsg62wx.fsf@wanadoo.fr>,
  Pascal Obry <p.obry@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> I'm happy to announce a new version of my SMTP component. Here is
> the readme.txt as found in the archive. This component is provided
> as-is and come with no guaranty.

I assume that this acts as an SMTP *client*, not as a server...

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

* Re: ANNOUNCE : new version of SMTP component
@ 2001-01-12 23:03   ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2001-01-12 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com> writes:

> In article <ulmsg62wx.fsf@wanadoo.fr>,
>   Pascal Obry <p.obry@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
> > I'm happy to announce a new version of my SMTP component. Here is
> > the readme.txt as found in the archive. This component is provided
> > as-is and come with no guaranty.
>
> I assume that this acts as an SMTP *client*, not as a server...

There is a client part (just to send SMTP message) and an SMTP server (you can
send mail to it from Emacs/VM or Outlook for example). The server part must be
seen as a demo at this stage...

Pascal.

--|

* Re: ANNOUNCE : new version of SMTP component
@ 2001-01-16  9:48   ` Brian Orpin
From: Brian Orpin @ 2001-01-16  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001 19:30:55 GMT, Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com>
wrote:

>In article <ulmsg62wx.fsf@wanadoo.fr>,
>  Pascal Obry <p.obry@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
>> I'm happy to announce a new version of my SMTP component. Here is
>> the readme.txt as found in the archive. This component is provided
>> as-is and come with no guaranty.
>
>I assume that this acts as an SMTP *client*, not as a server...

From the original post

--
Brian Orpin    BAE SYSTEMS, Edinburgh
"If you really know C++, there isn't much you can't do with it, though it may

* Re: ANNOUNCE : new version of SMTP component
@ 2001-01-16 14:21     ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2001-01-16 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <j7686tk2slu7aiutmqehibdp8kg97561hb@4ax.com>,
  abuse@borpin.co.uk (Brian Orpin  This is valid) wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jan 2001 19:30:55 GMT, Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I assume that this acts as an SMTP *client*, not as a server...
>
> From the original post
>
> >>this will help the Ada community. A simple SMTP server
> >>implementation is now provide. It will receive a mail, open it,

Uhrrr....yeah that's right. Perhaps when I saw that "is now provide" (no
'd' on the end), my brain just threw the whole sentence out and went
into parsing recovery mode. :-)

I'm just grapsing at straws here. Pascal's English grammar is probably
at least as good as mine in any given posting.

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/