From: Stephen Leake <stephen.a.leake.1@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Ada -> Java information flow
Date: 26 Jul 2002 12:46:09 -0400
Date: 2002-07-26T16:54:53+00:00	[thread overview]

"John M. Resler" <John-Resler@cox.net> writes:

> I am new to Ada and am writing a mixed language application
> in Ada and Java. The java application is the GUI front end and
> the Ada application is an asis based application back end. I have
> used pipes in C\C++ but don't know of an equivalent in Ada. Can
> somebody point me in the correct direction? I'd appreciate it.

When you "used pipes in C\C++", you actually use operating system
pipes, with a binding in C provided by the compiler or operating
system vendor. You can do the same in Ada, but you have to write the
binding yourself, or find one somewhere.

If you are on Windows, look in one of the several Windows bindings
(see www.adapower.com for a list) to see if they provide pipe
operations.

Writing the binding yourself is not all that hard. Give it a try and
come back for help!

--
-- Stephe