From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: Using Spawn in Win2K
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 18:23:07 -0500
Date: 2002-05-07T18:23:07-05:00	[thread overview]

Dave Head wrote in message ...

>> -- Claw.Directories: Windows-specific. Works on any Ada compiler for
>> Windows. (But it is tied into Claw, so if you're using a different
GUI,
>> or no GUI, it may be a bad choice.)
>
>Isn't that tied to $$$.  And, no gui - its too simple - a GUI would be
>overkill.

Claw.Directories is in the Claw Introductory Edition, which is now
licensed under the GMGPL. So no $ required for that. (If you need
support or to go beyond the Intro version, then you need to pay, of
course. Neither is necessary here.)

>> -- Compiler-specific:
>>    Gnat.Directories: Gnat-specific. Works (supposedly) on any Gnat
>> supported OS. Every other Ada compiler has such a library as well.

[SNIP, to meet the don't quote too much requirement]

>That is slightly more complicated.  I'll probably do it for the
portability.
>Thanks for the info.  I guess I didn't read g-direop.ads closely enough
>notice you could do that.  Of course, I approached it _wanting_ to do
"dir/b
>>XXX.XXX" which seemed awful simple at the time. <G>

Yup, seems simple at first. Then it gets pretty complicated (in any
language). While the package (any of them) seems complicated at first,
but it doesn't get any worse...

                 Randy.