From: Stephen Leake <Stephen.Leake@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Announcement: OpenToken 1.1 released
Date: 1999/05/25
Date: 1999-05-25T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

dennison@telepath.com writes:

> I don't know Perl, but from looking over the source it appears to
> require gnat ".ali" files for everything you want converted. And of
> course there's the little matter of the Perl interpriter. Its a shame
> they couldn't have provided this tool in a format that would work
> straight out of the box, rather than requiring you to go download YASC
> (yet another scripting language).
>
> Hmmm. I wonder how much work would be involved in porting it to Ada.
> OpenToken might be of some help... :-)

Before you do that, be sure to see the adalib_html tool at:

http://www.seas.gwu.edu/seas/eecs/Research/ada/adalib_html/

(this site was mentioned eariler in this thread). This tool is written
in Ada, and compiles nicely on Win95 with GNAT (by which I mean, all I
had to was type "gnatmake -O3"). I use it to publish the specs to
Windex - one of these days I'll compare it's output to that of the
Perl script that comes with GNAT.

-- Stephe