* gnatmake ".ali" file format
@ 2002-10-17 17:19 tmponko
From: tmponko @ 2002-10-17 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm a new gnatmake user trying to gain familiarity with the data
contained in the ".ali" files produced by gnatmake. I've searched the
web using keywords={gnatmake ali format}, keywords={gnatlink ali
format}, etc., and haven't found anything beyond explaing the format
for the date/time stamp.

Is there a site/reference available that provides format details?

I'm using gnatmake on Redhat linux.

Thanks...

* Re: gnatmake ".ali" file format
@ 2002-10-17 18:51 ` David C. Hoos
From: David C. Hoos @ 2002-10-17 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: Stephen Leake @ 2002-10-22 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

tmponko@yahoo.com (tmponko) writes:

> I'm a new gnatmake user trying to gain familiarity with the data
> contained in the ".ali" files produced by gnatmake. I've searched the
> web using keywords={gnatmake ali format}, keywords={gnatlink ali
> format}, etc., and haven't found anything beyond explaing the format
> for the date/time stamp.

Why do you want this information?

It is considered "private" by the compiler; the format changes with
each compiler version.

There are tools (gnatfind, etc) that access the information in
user-friendly ways.

--
-- Stephe