* GNAT under BeOS
@ 2002-11-11 17:59 Konstant L'Eau
From: Konstant L'Eau @ 2002-11-11 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anybody know how I can get GNAT under BeOS 5.03?
There was something like GeekGadgets that was a collection of Gnu tools
including GNAT 3.10 if I can remember, but the links are dead and I've never
been able to find it as well.
Otherwise, where can I find documentation if I need to build from scratch?
I've checked with gcc-3.2, but apparently you need a previous version of
Gnat to compile it...seems like the chicken and egg problem.

Thanks for any help.

* Re: GNAT under BeOS
@ 2002-11-11 19:46 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2002-11-11 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Konstant L'Eau" <k_leau@yahoo.com> writes:

> Does anybody know how I can get GNAT under BeOS 5.03?
> There was something like GeekGadgets that was a collection of Gnu tools
> including GNAT 3.10 if I can remember, but the links are dead and I've never
> been able to find it as well.
> Otherwise, where can I find documentation if I need to build from scratch?
> I've checked with gcc-3.2, but apparently you need a previous version of
> Gnat to compile it...seems like the chicken and egg problem.

If you don't have GNAT for BeOS you need to cross-compile it from another
platforms (maybe GNU/Linux will do). Note that this is not trivial. And then
you'll need to port the complete runtime and this will certainly be the hardest
and more time consuming part!

Pascal.

--|