From: Matthew Heaney <matthewjheaney@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: creating database
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 03:00:03 GMT
Date: 2005-05-09T03:00:03+00:00	[thread overview]

caellumx@yahoo.com writes:

> I was thinking of creating the ADT as a record with various fields,
> and then an array with each element containing a record. However, I
> don't know how many records there'll be so it seems inefficient to
> declare an array of a particular size.

As someone else already pointed out, you should take a look at the
Ada.Container suite.  It sounds like you need a set or maybe a map.

The latest API is described here:

<http://www.ada-auth.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/AIs/AI-20302.TXT?rev=1.19>

You can find a reference implementation here:

<http://charles.tigris.org/source/browse/charles/src/ai302/>

gcc 4.0 includes the ada.container library, so you might have it on your
system already.

I recommend poking around the examples directory for some ideas:

<http://charles.tigris.org/source/browse/charles/src/ai302/examples/>

I also recommend reading the !examples section that follows the
normative section of the AI-302 draft.