  • * Re: How To Learn About All The Different Packages
           [not found] <1151582487.773268.282460@x69g2000cwx.googlegroups.com>
           [not found] ` <1151590178.473111.61090@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>
    @ 2006-06-30  1:36 ` Steve
    From: Steve @ 2006-06-30  1:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

    "Chris L" <clusardi2k@aol.com> wrote in message
    news:1151582487.773268.282460@x69g2000cwx.googlegroups.com...
    > Is there any easy way to do this? Are there any good Internet sites,
    > books, should I do frequent Internet searchs, or/and should I post
    > here. I usually like examples in making choices about what to use in my
    > code. For example, how do I use ada.directories.

    The best place I have found is in the language reference manual section on
    Annex A.
    I just peruse the index to see what is available.

    For Ada 95 it is here:

    http://www.adaic.org/standards/95lrm/html/RM-A.html

    For Ada 2005 it is here:

    http://www.adaic.org/standards/05rm/html/RM-A.html

    You can find versions you can download by following links from:

    http://www.adaic.org/standards/index.html

    Steve
    (The Duck)

    @ 2006-06-30 15:54 ` Stephen Leake
    From: Stephen Leake @ 2006-06-30 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

    "Chris L" <clusardi2k@aol.com> writes:

    > Is there any easy way to do this?

    "this" = "Learn about all the different packages"

    If you mean "all the _standard_ packages in Ada 2005", the only place
    is at the moment is the Ada 2005 reference manual, at
    http://www.adaic.com/standards/ada05.html (found by Google).

    > Are there any good Internet sites, books, should I do frequent
    > Internet searchs, or/and should I post here.

    If you mean "all the Ada packages available anywhere", then yes, you
    need to do Google searches, and read whatever documentation you find.

    > I usually like examples in making choices about what to use in my
    > code. For example, how do I use ada.directories.

    Ada.Directories is new in Ada 2005, so an Ada 95 book won't talk about
    it. After Ada 2005 is finally approved, there may be some books
    written about it.

    > I noticed nothing in the http://www.adapower.com/faq/ book list
    > addressed this?
    >
    > Over a 16 year period, I have accumulated 6 books on Ada and none of
    > them cover the packages in great detail.

    That's because Ada.Directories is an Ada 2005 package.

    --
    -- Stephe

  • * Re: How To Learn About All The Different Packages
    @ 2006-06-29 15:47 Anh Vo
    From: Anh Vo @ 2006-06-29 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
      To: comp.lang.ada, Chris L

    I would suggest that you look at Ada 2005 Rationale authored by John
    Barnes. It is at http://adaic.org/standards/05rat/html/Rat-TTL.html

    AV

    >>> "Chris L" <clusardi2k@aol.com> 6/29/2006 7:09 AM >>>
    Will the below book help me?

       Ada 95 Rationale : The Language - The Standard Libraries (Lecture
    Notes in Computer
       Science) (Paperback) by John Barnes (Editor)