From: Stephen Leake <Stephe.Leake@nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: How To Learn About All The Different Packages
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:54:41 -0400
Date: 2006-06-30T11:54:41-04:00	[thread overview]

"Chris L" <clusardi2k@aol.com> writes:

> Is there any easy way to do this?

"this" = "Learn about all the different packages"

If you mean "all the _standard_ packages in Ada 2005", the only place
is at the moment is the Ada 2005 reference manual, at
http://www.adaic.com/standards/ada05.html (found by Google).

> Are there any good Internet sites, books, should I do frequent
> Internet searchs, or/and should I post here.

If you mean "all the Ada packages available anywhere", then yes, you
need to do Google searches, and read whatever documentation you find.

> I usually like examples in making choices about what to use in my
> code. For example, how do I use ada.directories.

Ada.Directories is new in Ada 2005, so an Ada 95 book won't talk about
it. After Ada 2005 is finally approved, there may be some books
written about it.

> I noticed nothing in the http://www.adapower.com/faq/ book list
> addressed this?
>
> Over a 16 year period, I have accumulated 6 books on Ada and none of
> them cover the packages in great detail.

That's because Ada.Directories is an Ada 2005 package.

--
-- Stephe