From: Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org>
Subject: Re: gnatbind error with gtk after upgrade to GNAT GPL 2009
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 03:32:42 -0400
Date: 2009-09-11T03:32:42-04:00	[thread overview]

Jack Mitchell <jack@home9999.plus.com> writes:

> Having upgraded (uninstall GNAT GPL 2008, then installed GNAT GPL
> 2009), a project which used to build quite happily now gives the
> following when I build from the project file :-
>
> gnatbind -E -I- -x E:\Programming\FloorPlan\obj\floorplan.ali
> error: "gtk.ali" not found, "gtk.ads" must be compiled
> error: "gtk-box.ali" not found, "gtk-box.adb" must be compiled
> gnatmake: *** bind failed.
>
> What has I missed in the install / reinstall ?

I can't say in detail, but I always install versions of GNAT in
different directories:

c:/Apps/GNAT_GPL_2008
c:/Apps/GNAT_GPL_2009

and I don't uninstall the old one until I'm sure everything works with
the new one.

That way, if "uninstall" doesn't really work, just delete the directory.

--
-- Stephe